Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ooh, I can hardly wait...

My supplies are trickling in and the soapmaking bug has been biting all week. I'm currently mixing and blending scents for the following books:

My Antonia by Willa Cather - this will have a very Nebraska prairie feel to it, mixing soft florals like sunflower with gently swaying stalks of wheat.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy - definitely a milk soap with a creamy milk scent with hints of lavender.

These are still in the "fragrance lab" melding together and they still need tweaking but these will probably be the first soaps to premier at my shop.

I'm also working on a secret scent, an idea that came to me one day as I was pondering over all the classic works of literature. One hint...a scent only a true book lover will appreciate ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment