Saturday, June 13, 2009

Funnel Swirl Attempt

Yesterday, I made my "Kimono" soap, inspired by Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. The scent is a very "green" blend with Matcha tea (the authentic tea served by real Geisha), touches of bergamot, lemon, sandalwood, orange flower, just a drop of rose and finally a touch of willow.


I know I promised pics of the process but let me tell you, I had to work quickly and had no time to stop and shoot. I suppose I was in over my head trying 5 colors for my first funnel swirl attempt. Oh, but how fun it was! I will give credit where credit is due and link you to here ---> http://lomondsoap.blogspot.com/2008/09/funnel-swirl-how-i-did-it.html.

I had no luck finding a funnel large enough but I did find a solution - a soda bottle! I just cut the top off for the funnel...worked great. The trick is to pour at a fairly thin trace, otherwise it's just too thick and you won't get a pretty design. I'm happy with how this attempt came out but was hoping for a little more...pizazz, having five colors and all. I like, though, how all the bars are different showing various colors and patterns.


Overall, a fun time yesterday in the soap studio :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment