Friday, June 12, 2009

Good news...Bad news

Well, the good news is my "Orchard" soap (inspired by The Cider House Rules by John Irving) is out of the mold, cut, smelling divine and curing nicely. I have to figure out a way to keep my pretty peaks on the top and not have them getting smooshed by the plastic wrap. Any suggestions?


















On a sad note, our dearly loved bunny Lulu aka "Bunz" died this morning. We noticed yesterday she was acting out of sorts, actually allowing us to just pet her and love on her. Normally, she does not behave this way. She'll put up with us petting her more a micro-second, then she's on her way. I had a feeling we might lose her in the night and sure enough, she is gone. We will miss you sweet Lulu :-(
















Back on a happy note, I'll be making my "Kimono" soap today, inspired by Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I'll be attempting a new swirling/layering technique which is really very brave of me seeing as I don't judge my swirling skills to be the best. This soap will have five (yes 5 !!!) different colors and I'll be pouring them through a funnel...a little bit of this color, then a little bit of that...until it's all in the mold. I'll try to post pics of the process but I'm thinking this technique has to be done quickly before the soap sets up too much. But I will try :-)

4 comments:

  1. awww i am so very sorry for your loss! i had many many rabbits, and they are just the best pets ever! its always so heartbreaking to lose a pet. They are like family arent they! Hope lil lulu is hopping around enjoying her bunny friends and feasting on a buffet of carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind words. We really do miss her. What she really loved more than carrots was broccoli stalks ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your sweet little bunny :(
    Thinking of you
    Em x

    ReplyDelete