Thursday, June 11, 2009

On the curing rack and In the mold...












Curing now is "My Antonia" by Willa Cather. I'm thinking of calling it "Prairie" after the Nebraska prairie lands. Think: swaying stalks of hay touched by the sun, with hints of sunflowers and just a touch of bergamot, lemon and oakmoss. Mmmmm :-) I made this soap swirled; however, I am severely lacking in swirling skills but I sure do love the challenge!

Today I am making "The Cider House Rules" by John Irving. He is one of my favorite authors. This batch will be either a layered or swirled soap using cream, green & red. Think: apple orchard (of course!) with a touch of the Maine coast. Will probably name this "Orchard". I like using just one word names but it probably won't always be so.

OK, so here's an idea I had the other day. I'll throw it out there and you can let me know your thoughts on it. I'm thinking of doing custom batches of soap inspired by YOUR story. Maybe you honeymooned in the Caribbean or trekked through the Adirondack mountains just to prove you could or perhaps you took a whirlwind trip through Paris. Tell me your story and inspire me! Packaging/labels will reflect the story.

I'm also showing you some pics of my rose bush. I love the tiny drops of dew on the leaves. They are so delicate and feminine.












That's all for today. My lye/water is just about to the temp it needs to be and my soap is waiting to be made. :-) Happy thoughts go out to you today.

3 comments:

  1. oooh, that soap looks so yummy! I love handmade soap! Those roses are gorgeous. I love when it's time for them to bloom! Nice blog-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the names of your soaps! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely soap & lovely flowers : )

    ReplyDelete