Monday, July 20, 2009

Scent Blending


Aack! I'm out of castor oil so until it comes in, no soapmaking for me. In the meantime, I'm blending some new scents. So far, I'm blending:

Celebration, inspired by The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald {champagne and strawberries with a bit of sugar}

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence (what to name it??) {patchouli, woods & orchid}

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (I'm thinking "Scarlett" as a follower suggested) {lemon balm, magnolia, cotton and a hint of spearmint}

I just read "Marrying Mozart" by Stephanie Cowell. Great book. Smells to me like {lavender, linden blossom and a touch of ginger}

Now, I'm reading "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith - haven't come up with a scent yet but it's a great read!


No comments:

Post a Comment