Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holidays and soap...

Every year I get my children a new Hallmark ornament, so when they leave the nest, their first Christmas tree won't be bald. I love, too, how the ornaments, over the years, genuinely reflect their interests that year. I mean, how does one child go from loving Rainbow Brite to zombies??? Here are this years ornaments.

The leg lamp from A Christmas Story for my 18 year old. How great is that lamp???

A mini version of our own chocolate lab for my animal-loving 12 year old

A "Where the Wild Things Are" ornament for my 6 year old, a favorite book of ours and one I've read to him since birth.

On a soapy note, two new soaps are on the curing rack.

Wishing, inspired by Half Magic by Edward Eager. This was the winner of the "Favorite Children's Book" challenge. A blend of vanilla and cinnamon and a hint of magic.

Dust Bowl, inspired by To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This was the winner of the "Banned Books" challenge and a personal favorite of mine. A blend of camellia flowers, amber, honey, spearmint and a smidge of Dustbowl Days dirt. Very intriguing.

I've redesigned the Latherati labels and am excited to launch them the first of the year. I'm working on some new book scents and am gearing up to post a new challenge sometime in January. 2010 is going to be a fantastic year. I wish you all the happiest of days this coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment