Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis the Season...

for snow...
taken through my dining room window, staying cozy warm, as snow blankets the world

for snow covered bushes...
see that one fall leaf stuck in the branches?

for twinkle lights on the staircase...

and the mantle...

to make Christmas gifts...
I'll post another pic when they are done but here are the instructions for making these photo blocks (great gifts for grandparents!):

Need:
wood blocks (I got mine at Michaels)
ModPodge
pretty papers
pics of your kids (or your dog, cat, what have you)
paint

Directions:
Paint all the edges (I used a plum-brown color); when dry, sand for a distressed look.
Cut pretty paper and pics to fit on each side; ModPodge those suckers down.
Coat with ModPodge.

Done.

You can stack them or line them up; switch the blocks around for new pics, etc. I have a set I made for myself last year sitting on my bookshelf.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is absolutely beautiful.. I can't imagine seeing snow like that.. We had a few flurries and everyone went crazy... lol... Today I have my A/C back on then it will be cold again tomorrow, we have crazy weather... Gorgeous picture's.... Happy Holiday's to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and happy holidays to you and yours. I love the snow here...until I've had to snowblow the driveway for the billionth time...then I start complaining :-)

    ReplyDelete