Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Soap - CLASSIC

This soap has been a long time in coming. I had the idea ages ago but it took me this long to perfect the scent. It was a touchy one and I'll tell you why...only those that get giddy walking into an old bookshop and picking up a vintage copy of Anna Karenina will appreciate this. I am one of those people and I know there are others out there. Did you know that there are a number of Facebook fan pages for those who love this smell???

Think cracked leather bindings, rich vanilla and a touch of eucalyptus...this is what an old book smells like. Trust me. I did the research.

From thenakedscientists.com, "The pleasant aromatic smell is due to aromatic compounds emitted...vanilla-like, sweetly fragrant vanillin...the camphorous, oily and woody smell of books."

So, I am proud to present CLASSIC - the scent of an old book! Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. LOL...no way!! Facebook fans?! I shouldn't be surprised...I think it's even more loved than the smell of new cars, maybe even the smell of money. Certainly is my favorite of the three. I'm intrigued; CLASSIC sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about this one Heather! I'm not sure how the response will be but I was just so happy to make it :-)

    ReplyDelete