Friday, April 9, 2010

This crazy life

So, it's been awhile since I've blogged. Care to hear my excuse? Well, just hear me out. I'll keep it short.

I had plans to move out of my soon-to-be ex-husbands house. Thought I found a great house to rent...signed the lease, boxed up my treasures and was geared up for the big move. Moving day came...learned about the pit bull next door that escapes often enough to corner and scare the wits out of my new neighbor. That was red-flag number one. There were others but I won't go into detail. To make a long story short, I lugged my prized possessions back home and am sitting tight until something better comes along.

One good thing that came out of this debacle...I reorganized my soap studio. It may be short lived but it's set up to allow for maximum organization. Here are a few pics. I always love to see how everyone's workspace is set up so thought you might like to see mine. Of course, all the soapmaking is done in the kitchen but this room is where I sit and think, blend, package and ponder. And when I need a break, I sit down at my piano (to the left of the bookcase) and belt out a few tunes.

my desk

supplies

Finished product


my new mailing station. I didn't have one before. This makes it SO easy.

I know you are all probably anxious for the next Challenge and don't you worry, I have an idea brewing, perfect for summer.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, man- that sucks about having to move all your stuff back. Something better will come along,though, and you'll be happy it happened this way. I'm FINALLY in the new place but still have a couple odds and ends I have to pick up from my soon-to-be-ex's house (my old house). It's really stressful and sad... But at least the new house is starting to feel more like home than the old one.

    P.S. I love your mailing station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, i love my mailing station too. It's so much more convenient than packing on my work table! I'm looking at another apt. today so we'll see what happens. Until I get settled in another place though, I feel very much like I'm stagnating and just treading water. I'm SO ready to move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you have everything set up! I hope to one day be able to have a mailing station. I love it!


    I found you through the Etsy forums and am now following your blog. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 旁觀自己的悲傷是解脫,主觀自己的悲傷是更加悲傷..............................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    I have just added you to my blog roll. I'm giving the roll of others blogs an overhaul, so am on the lookout for soap makers that 'do it' for me. Yours are lovely, and I love the ethos behind them. Found you on Etsy.
    Tiggy
    x

    ReplyDelete