Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Blood of the Rose and Better World Books

I finished up the author promos for Kate Pearce's new novel, Blood of the Rose. They are on their way to her publisher to help market the new book. I must tell you, I really enjoy these little collaborations with an author to make the perfect scent for a newly written book. And to pack them up and send them on their way is a little bittersweet. I get attached to the little boxes of soap and tiny perfumes. They are so sweet :-)
Exciting news here at the Latherati studio. I've been looking for a literacy program to help and after much research, I partnered with Better World Books. It's a fantastic program that not only supports literacy programs worldwide but they offer a home for gently used books so they don't end up in a landfill. They collect used books through various programs, sell them and use the proceeds to help support various literacy programs. I'm very happy to be working with them.
It's been a crazy holiday season (and it isn't over yet!) but I'm going to take a few moments this evening to have a hot cup of tea and chat with my daughter while snuggled under cozy blankets in our twinkle-light lit living room. Aaahhh.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great. Your product looks so classy. I love your book themes. I love those special moments with our daughters when you choose to just be really with them, instead of being pulled in 1000 other directions. xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! We had a nice little snuggle session last night. I've been so busy and really missed her.

    ReplyDelete