Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And the world was blanketed in snow...

As much as I do not like the cold of winter, I'll admit that my heart is at peace when I see that overnight, the world has been covered in a blanket of snow. Sounds are muffled, the trees, with their branches cradling snow, look like works of art and the air smells pure and clean and crisp.
I'll also admit that the thought of bundling up in my winter garb, grabbing my shovel and clearing my sidewalk upsets that peaceful feeling. I was preparing to do just that but wait...what do I hear? A very generous neighbor and his snowblower coming up the walk. Oh thank you, thank you. I get to stay in my cozy house with a hot cup of coffee for just a bit longer. I did send him a big wave of thanks however.

No comments:

Post a Comment