Sunday, January 2, 2011

Valentine is on the blending shelf


The first day of the new year, I laid on my couch and devoured "Valentine: A Love Story" by Chet Raymo. An engrossing read, full of tension, superstition, history and religion, Valentine kept me turning the page well into the night. A great way to start off the year...a little love, a little torture (!) and an ending that left a few tears in my eyes.

This book was a sensory delight! Especially for the olfactory. I'm starting with a blend of sweet honey, musk and heady incense, followed by florals of orange blossom and jasmine. I'll let it sit a few days and take a whiff. I may be adding a bit of sandalwood, rose or clove but this process is not to be rushed so I patiently sit and wait as my fragrances meld. This is always the hardest part for me and I always want to get it right the first time. We shall see.

Once the blend is finalized, I'll be posting the "Challenge" and the prize this time will something new for me. I'm keeping it under wraps for now ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment