Monday, March 14, 2011

Moving along...

While I've enjoyed my year in this beautiful old Victorian apartment, the lease is up and it's time to move on. I'll miss my wraparound front porch, tall ceilings, old creaky wood floors, french doors and unsurpassed attention to detail common to the era this house was built (1890).
The detail on my mantle

The magical glass door knob

My front doorknob and tiny keyhole

But we are moving into a stunning lake house with a back deck begging for a party, beautiful lake views (can a sunset on the lake be beat?) and a dock for lounging with a good book and jumping in the lake to cool off. We'll have air conditioning (YAY!), an unbelievable kitchen with all new stainless steel appliances and a garage (I'm so tired of brushing snow off my truck!)

So, on to the next phase of my life. I find moving very cleansing and reflective. Sorting through treasures, tossing what no longer fits my life, keeping my favorite possessions.

On a Latherati note, I'll need to close up shop for about a week (probably the last week in March or first week in April) until I get settled in but there is a new Challenge right around the corner. Stay tuned :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your move and your new place sounds great. I love the antique look of the place you are leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo of the second doorknob is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it is as seamless as it can be.

    ReplyDelete